Thursday 20 August 2015

Hello!

Gorgeous rainbow yarn from allaboutyarn.com


I love yarn. If you're a knitter or a crocheter, you'll probably share my enthusiasm for a perfectly wound cake, a hank that hasn't yet been touched, for hand dyed and super soft materials just crying out to become a scarf or shawl.

I even love cheap acrylic yarn which is £1 a ball, crazy rainbow coloured bamboo, impossible to work with bright pink eyelash yarn...you name it, I love it. And I probably own it too.

I didn't really realise just how much yarn I own until I moved house a couple of months ago. I have LOADS and I'm struggling to store it in a 5 drawer tower plus two big Really Useful Boxes (RUBs are, by the way, the shit) so I've decided that I need to do something. I need to actually use all of this yarn - it's a revolutionary idea, I know!

So I have set up this blog as a way of documenting my stash busting projects. I'm thinking bunting, hats, dishcloths, mug cosies, Christmas decorations, simple cowls, maybe even some socks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment